Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Family that stays together texts together.

I was thinking of a funny story today as I was reminded of how 90% of my communication with my girlfriend is through texting. To me, I just thought this story would be funny to share. No pictures and names and places are purely coincedental. Since cell phones have made their existence communication is so much easier and more secretive. Especially if your standing outside your girlfriends house and saying I can't find your place and she comes out the door and see's you standing there in her doorway with...

The Family that texts together stays together.

Our family stays together because we text together. It was about 2 years ago we were having a big family thanksgiving dinner. There must have been at least 20 of us all around the table actually "conversing", for some reason the salt and pepper shakers were at the other end of the table. So what comes out, the cell phone, I text my mother "Hey mom, can you pass the salt and pepper shakers". Within seconds they come down my way an we all finish a fabulous thanksgiving dinner.
Sometimes we just get so bored and need entertaining because no words with friends or rather family need to be expressed, such as jaunting for 110 points from my mother. Great times, lots of fun even if we were just 5 feet apart from each other. All in all though it's all in fun an games till someone gets an eye poked out.

If you don't text me back I'll...

Some of the funniest things ever text-ed, I'm telling mom. Your going to be in trouble when dad gets home. Did you really just say that.I'm going to throw myself off a cliff and I live in Nebraska. Do we ever think about the things that we text? Obviously cause we can think about what we want to say, an when we choose to and when we want to reply, 5 days later. Just having a conversation with people our words can be just as hurting when we are not thinking clearly. So have we as a society become stronger or weaker because of texts. As I am finishing up this blog, I want to ask, What is your opinion? Are we weaker or stronger because of our cell phones and texts messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment